Saturday, April 4, 2009

AND SO WE BEGIN....

As I sit here on this snowy day, I am left to ponder on the possibilities to do today. There is always something to do..laundry, clean..clean..clean, organize something, dishes..etc. Though I started the dishwasher this morning, that and having Kayleigh take a shower is about as far as I have gotten.

I logged into my email account this morning, and on my messenger, saw my Dad's wife online. We began to talk and caught up a little. I haven't talked to her in several years, and probably about the same with my Dad. They live in Oregon, and we have never been real close, but we know who we are and how to get ahold of each other if needed.

I talk to my mom a bit more through text messaging than anything. I grew out of the phone years ago...probably around the time I met Matt, as he is certainly not a phone talker!

Matt & I both talk to family regularly to keep in touch and see how everyone is doing.

But, this morning, I began to think of how our families are so scattered out all over the place, it really is hard to stay in full contact with everyone. My mom is here in Colorado with me, but the rest of my family is all in one place..that would be Arkansas! As for Matt's family, goodness...his Mom resides in Kansas City, while his grandparents, an Aunt & Uncle, and some cousins are also here is Colorado...an Aunt & Uncle and some cousins in Texas...and another grandpa and relatives out in Maine. His family is basically just all over. With all of that being said, a blog came to mind. What better way to stay in touch with our family and friends. I am very excited to start this! As we don't talk daily to everyone, I can at least write things that are going on and everyone can read about it and stay in tune with us!

So, add us to your favorites and buckle up
as we begin to start this journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment